Tuesday, September 18, 2012

OBEDIENCE IN CHRIST


Our faith is a gift from God, as is His grace. When we draw on our faith to give us strength to obey God at times when His will and ours cross, we will find ourselves plunged deep into the supernatural power and blessings of God. Oh what a magnificant journey! Our needs, our hurts, our wants do not cause God to act in our lives. He has already acted through the perfect and fin

ished work of Christ's life, death, burial, resurrection, and enthronement. It is finished...now we just use our faith to obey and cooperate with God, and obtain those things already provided by His grace! He has already provided all things pertaining to life and godliness...forgiveness, healing, eternal life, deliverance, power, and prosperity to further His kingdom and establish His covenant in the earth...believe it, receive it, speak it, live it, shout it from the roof tops....victory is ours...Hallelujah!
~ Blessings, Will Brocker

"The man that believes will obey; failure to obey is convincing proof that there is no true faith present. To attempt the impossible God must give faith or there will be none, and He gives faith to the obedient heart only." ~ A. W. Tozer

[The natural life] knows that if the spiritual life gets hold of it, all its self-centeredness and self-will are going to be killed and it is ready to fight tooth and nail to avoid that. ~
(Clive Staples) C. S. Lewis

I know the power obedience has of making things easy which seem impossible. ~ Teresa of Avila

(Jesus said) "Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” ~ John 14:21

Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them." ~ John 14:23 NLT

"When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love." ~ John 15:10 NLT

"And we can be sure that we know him if we obey his commandments." ~ 1 John 2:3

"Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome." ~ 1 John 5:3

"Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another, just as you heard from the beginning." ~ 2 John 1:6

"I suspect you would never intend this, but this is what happens. When you attempt to live by your own religious plans and projects, you are cut off from Christ, you fall out of grace. Meanwhile we expectantly wait for a satisfying relationship with the Spirit. For in Christ, neither our most conscientious religion nor disregard of religion amounts to anything. What matters is something far more interior: faith expressed in love." ~ Galatians 5:4-6 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment